Thursday, September 13, 2007

Deep in the Ganges

Had inhibitions about sanctity.

Religion belonged to the unknown.

The Ganga flows oblivious to its surrounding.
The enraged Ganga
The placid Ganga
Garnering the good ,the bad,
the Morbid,the infant,
the crowd,
the corrupt,
the poor,
the rich.

A mass of people surround Ganga.

I could have drowned in my thoughts that day,
when I slipped and then stabled my feet
on its pavement.

I curled my hands,
filled them with water
of ashes and the dust
of deep filled purity from the past.

Hopes for the future,
of droplets from wetted eyes,
from happiness and despair.

I soaked my feet.
Muddy layers made patterns.

Idly thinking about nothing and everything
Sharing my intellections,
opening my pores,
Releasing pain,anger, frustration.

I felt defenseless,
a mortal.

No comments: